Sunday, January 10, 2010

Daybreakers


A bloody and entertaining vampire movie with an interesting story that is pretty intriguing. The ending kind of leaves you hanging and I don't know if there will be a sequel or not, but it is certainly a possibility. I found the beginning parts more interesting because of the questions that arise from the premise since the latter parts revolve more around action, but I enjoyed both parts still. The acting is decent by the cast, with Dafoe seemingly having the most fun with his part of the mains. It has tons of graphic violence (it is a rated R vampire movie) and some people that I went with were turned off by that, but I loved the B movie moments. Daybreakers was a decent way to start off the year, especially in the dumping ground that January usually is.

No comments: