Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Splice


A chilling, thoughtful horror thriller where the science fiction aspects sort of get pushed to the side for the horror to take it in different directions. The leads give convincing performances and keep the train rolling even when things go a little wacky. The most enthralling aspect of the story for me was Dren's relationship with the two main characters. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the movie because you can see how deadly Dren is, but lovable all the same. Is she going to embrace them, or destroy them? It was compelling and made the movie for me. The special effects aren't as good as they could be, but they aren't terrible. Creature designs are still quite good and production as a whole is solid. I loved the lighting in the labs. I know a bunch of people who didn't like the horror aspects of this film and were hoping for more out of the science fiction side, but I thought they matched them well and I was satisfied.

2 comments:

VOD / SVOD said...

There are a bunch of good movies out - I found this indie site that offers a NO MEMBERSHIP Rental, cool movies, SASQUATCH TERROR, ALIENS ON CRACK, BIKER GIRLS GONE WILD and many more.
soroTv - http://www.bobbybragg.com

FashionBuzzIndia said...

Cool Movie
http://www.auditions.asia/