Thursday, December 23, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon


Dreamworks Animation's best movie? Quite possibly. It is a wonderfully simple and well told story with endearing characters who grow and learn from their experiences in the film. You feel for the characters and their plea, and that's something Dreamworks has failed to do on numerous accounts until now. It isn't as emotionally stirring as a Pixar movie, but what it lacks in that category it more than makes up for with fantastic action set pieces and dragon flying sequences that show off some of the best animation I've seen. Toothless is such a great character too. I absolutely loved him to death. I know kids will too. The film teaches important lessons about being yourself and not giving in to peer pressure just because everyone else does it. I'm quite surprised I liked this movie as much as I did. The previews did nothing for me and I expected it to be another mediocre Dreamworks movie, but I'm perfectly fine with being wrong. Dare I say it, this is up there with Toy Story 3 as one of the best movies this year (animated or not).

No comments: