Saturday, January 12, 2008

Eastern Promises


When a 14-year old girl dies giving birth to a baby girl the midwife, with only the girls diary (written in Russian) to go on, goes on a search to find the babies family. As the diary is translated she realizes the girl had some involvement with the Russian mafia and that horrible things have been happening. Viggo Mortensen plays the chauffer/enforcer of the mafia bosses wayward son, and soon the 2 are involved in over their heads. Mortensen's acting was great in this movie. I enjoyed this film and I can see why it is up for many awards.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree I hated this movie. Acting very bad , story stupid. I am no prude and sometimes sex is essential to a story but even the sex made no sense. Ben must have had to make a Mercedes payment.
Dick Porter
upstairs
did anything come of the response about your reviews from the person in the UK?

Unknown said...

Sorry I am an idiot. I intended to post this response under the Heartbreak Kid movie. My bad.
Dick