Sunday, April 11, 2010

Brothers


A gripping and compelling drama featuring three great performances. There wasn't a single dull moment in the entire film. The characters are well fleshed out and the script/screenplay make them feel like real human beings instead of pawns being manipulated by a story. I have not seen the original movie this is based off of, but I feel like this movie can't be much better than it already is. It is one of the best films I have seen about the toll war can take on people when they get back home. Tobey Maguire's character ends the movie with the perfect line to sum up the film: "I don't know who said 'only the dead have seen the end of war'. I have seen the end of war. The question is: can I live again?" The movie is definitely not a feel good movie, but it at least ends with a glimmer of light.

No comments: