Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New York, I Love You


There's a few cute moments and the movie isn't boring, but it fails to connect on any emotional level and there's too much happening. There's so many characters that none of them get the right amount of screen time to flesh out each story. You get about 5-10 minutes, then it is on to the next story. They go back to a few of them a couple of times, but my favorite ones were the ones they didn't go into more than once (go figure). I happen to be a huge fan of Love, Actually, a movie similar in a bunch of ways, but it was better acted, had an emotional core, and dedicated just enough time to get you involved with each story and their characters. I was hoping for something similar here, and New York, I Love You has a few moments that I liked, but it was a little disappointing. It also does not do a very good job of highlighting the city in which it is based, and I think that was the point of the movie.

No comments: