Friday, February 5, 2010

Saw VI


I never thought I would be able to say that I liked another Saw installment outside of the first one, especially after witnessing the horribleness of the fourth and fifth installment. The series was getting incredibly stale and convoluted to the point that I didn't care anymore. I haven't liked the series since the third installment decided to take it into confusion, but this one is the best one I've seen outside of the original. There's still plenty of gore and torture going on, but they tackle the health system effectively and the movie is infinitely more entertaining than the last three installments of the series. The only downside to this movie is the fact that you have to watch the crappy installments for it to make sense. I never thought I would say this, but despite torturing myself to watch those out of some crazy hope that another installment would be good, I finally got the pay off I have been waiting for. The series really could end right here because the ending pretty much wraps everything up. We know it won't be, but the next installment more than likely won't matter and I'll be able to skip it without and worries. Whether I will or not is uncertain, but I will say that I enjoyed this installment enough to recommend it to those who have stuck with it this long. If you haven't, I don't know that it is worth watching the others to see if this one pays off for you or not, but take solace in knowing that it did for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice, good to know. I feel the same way man and I wasn't interested in seeing any more after the 3 Saw; however, if you say Saw 6 is good I'll check it out.

I loved the first Saw, before Lions Gate let the dynamics of the series run a muck.

Swap it! Encrypt it! | Transfer files - Send large files
www.swapitencryptit.com

Josh said...

I loved the first Saw as well. I do feel that Saw VI is the second best in the series. Hope you like it! Cheers!