Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Box


Sure to have a mixed reaction among those that watch it, but put me firmly in the positive category. It's incredibly interesting and intriguing for the majority of its running length and I was fully engaged in the narrative because of this. It certainly has flaws, like the coherence not quite being there (much like Kelly's other films) and weak special effects, but I disregarded those because I was actually involved with the characters and their fate in this matter. This is a freaky and disturbing film about morality and its ramifications. The plot is preposterous sure, but it wasn't preposterous enough to break the barrier, at least for me. For those that like surreal experiences with the unknown and sometimes wonder about stuff outside of "the box", I heartily recommend this film.

No comments: