Monday, August 23, 2010

Brooklyn's Finest


I loved Training Day so I gave this one a shot despite bad word of mouth and after watching it I don't quite understand the hate. The gritty and realistic tone reminds me of Training Day and it fits well with these cop movies that Fuqua comes up with. The cast is excellent and every single one of them gives a standout performance. It's a great ensemble. The 3 stories don't come together at the end in a meaningful way like I thought they would, but that's one of my only complaints. Each story is interesting individually and that kept me involved throughout the somewhat long running time. I guess these cop movies must just be my thing, but for what it's worth I enjoyed Brooklyn's Finest quite a bit.

1 comment:

daphne sy said...

Brooklyn's Finest is reminiscent of Fuqua's Oscar-winning Training Day, but not as groundbreaking or good. And with U.S. television networks and Hollywood regularly mass-producing brooding, bloody cop dramas, for a men-in-blue movie to stand out among the ranks it needs to avoid the too familiar and formulaic. Brooklyn's Finest doesn't.

visit this website, cool