Monday, August 23, 2010

Repo Men


Starts out as a gleefully over the top science fiction movie with a cool premise and a few witty scenes spiced with some dark humor, but ends up being too serious and over indulgent by the end. Jude Law does a fine job in the action lead role and has decent chemistry with his co-stars, but the movie can't decide if it wants to be over the top funny or dead serious with a ton of gory visuals. I like to think I have a high tolerance for blood and gore (I got through The Human Centipede and other grotesque movies fine), but Repo Men actually had a few scenes where I was looking through my fingers it was so bad. There's a few cool action sequences, but the movie gets repetitive by the end and takes far too long to get to its conclusion because of all the running around and shooting. The ending was also sort of frustrating and manipulative. I sound like I hated this movie really, but I'm more just annoyed that it could have been better made with a little more care. It's not boring and has its moments, they are just outweighed by everything else I mentioned.

No comments: