Monday, August 23, 2010

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Foreign)


An enthralling thriller with fantastically unique and intriguing characters whom grow on you throughout the film. The main plot is your standard murder mystery that isn't anything special, but because the characters and actors are so good it sparks your interest more than it should thanks to your involvement with the them. It has plenty of graphic and intense violence/nudity that some won't be able to take, but for me that just made it all the more memorable. Some of the scenes will be burned in my memory forever. Some have complained about the length of this film considering the plot doesn't do much, but because I liked the characters so much the time flew by and I didn't even realize it had been 2 and a half hours. If you aren't involved with the characters, I can see it being a chore to sit through. Fortunately, I'm the former of those two and easily champion this as one of my favorites of the year. I can't wait to watch "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and continue to learn new things about Lisbeth. Her past is haunted, tragic, and painful, but yet I still feel like we barely scratched the surface here.

No comments: