Monday, August 23, 2010

Death at a Funeral


I haven't seen the original so no comparisons, but I thought this was quite funny and enjoyable. It has plenty of absurd situations that aren't particularly in good taste, but as long as it is funny I don't mind. And it was. It dives right in from the get go and doesn't let up. James Marsden got on my nerves a little with his over the top performance, but Zoe Saldana makes up for it. I'm becoming a fan of Columbus Short as well, who carried "Armored" all the way through and has the chops for comedy as well. Martin Lawrence and Tracy Morgan do their typical shtick while Chris Rock is dialed down mostly, which worked. Danny Glover was a little annoying too, but his character isn't in it much. It's worth the 90 minute investment if you like this sort of comedy or the cast. I liked both, for the most part.

1 comment:

daphne sy said...

I already watch this one and this version feels longer. It's logy, clumsy; instead of lifting the viewer up and carrying him or her on constant currents of escalating comic velocity, it lumbers from bit to bit, and the waits for funny stuff can seem endless.

my bio's: http://buzzturning.com